Double Spgs Alabama Online Divorce

When you think about filing for divorce in Double Spgs Alabama, the first thing that tends to come to mind is a long process, lots of divorce papers and hassle. If you are considering an uncontested divorce you are already going through a difficult period, and the last thing you need is to prolong this even further. Luckily, thanks to GetDivorcePapers.com you do not need to worry.

Our mission is to make the whole process for you as simple as possible. You will receive all the forms you need to file for divorce thanks to our services. We want to help you go through your divorce as quickly and as effortlessly as possible, so that you can put your mind at ease and resume your life.

Thanks to our online divorce forms system, everything you need is just a click away. These forms are state approved and are guaranteed to be accepted or your money back. Your Double Spgs Alabama divorce forms can be downloaded and printed, or can mailed to you. We also offer clear instructions and support as well. Sign Up and start your divorce process today!

What Are Grounds for Divorce in Double Spgs Alabama?

There are mainly two reasons of divorce in Double Spgs Alabama that is fault and no-fault. A no-fault divorce is now available in all states as it is the easiest way to get divorced. Parties are granted a divorce just because they no longer wish to be married and not due to the fault of anyone.

A fault divorce on the other hand, requires one spouse to be at fault for the marriage ending and must be proven in court with evidence. Either type of divorce will end your marriage and the judge will make orders regarding property division, alimony, and child custody and support.

In Double Spgs Alabama there are two grounds for a no-fault divorce:

  • Irretrievable breakdown of the marriage.
  • Complete incompatibility of temperament such that the parties can no longer live together.


The acceptable grounds for a fault-based divorce in Double Spgs Alabama include:

  • Lack of physical ability to consummate marriage.
  • Adultery
  • Habitual drunkenness
  • Abandonment of the marriage for a period of at least 12 months
  • Confinement for incurable insanity for over 5 years.
  • Imprisonment (for over 2 years if the total sentence is over 7 years).
  • Physical abuse or reasonable fear of physical abuse.,
  • Wife pregnant by another at the time of the marriage without the husbands knowledge.


Our Commitment To Our Customers

Our customers are very important to us. That is why we seek to offer the best possible service. We strive to do our best to serve you and to exceed your expectations. Thanks to our service you will benefit from an uncontested divorce without having to go through the hassle and the cost of hiring an attorney.

Parenting Classes

Our online parenting classes provide you the tools you need to help guide your child through their feelings about divorce.

Online Customer Support

We are here to help you all the way. That is why you will benefit from efficient and helpful online customer support whenever you need any help or clarifications.

Approval Guarantee

We guarantee that your forms will be accepted by the courts.

Paying any extra Fees

We are transparent and will provide you with all the fees you need to pay in advance, so that you can rest assured that there will be no extra fees or hidden expenses.

Best Possible Solution

We offer the simplest solution for you to go through with your divorce.


This is by far the most cost-effective solution for you, and if you were to compare what you pay here with what you would have to pay in attorney fees, you will be amazed at how much you will save!

  • How much does it cost to get a divorce in Double Spgs Alabama?

    The divorce filing fee is $227 and is paid directly to the court. The additional costs involved in filing for divorce will differ depending on a number of variables like document preparation, attorney fees if you hire an attorney, mediation for any issues you and your spouse do not agree on, service fees to serve your spouse if necessary, etc. Our fee to prepare your forms is $139. We can also include a fee waiver you can file with the court to ask them to waive the filing fee.

  • How long does it take to get a divorce in Double Spgs Alabama?

    There is a 30-day waiting period before your divorce can be finalized in Double Spgs Alabama. The waiting period begins the day you file the Complaint.

  • How to get an uncontested divorce in Double Spgs Alabama?

    In order to file for divorce in Double Spgs Alabama, your or your spouse must live in Alabama for at least six months. For an uncontested divorce, you and your spouse must agree to the terms of divorce including the division of assets and debts, child custody and support, alimony, etc.

  • What is a no-fault divorce in Double Spgs Alabama?

    Irretrievable breakdown is the no-fault ground in Double Spgs Alabama. Previously one party needed to be at fault to file for divorce in Double Spgs Alabama, however now parties can divorce just because they no longer wish to be married. This is referred to as a no-fault divorce meaning you do not have to prove the fault of either party.

  • How can I get a divorce in Double Spgs Alabama when I don't know where my spouse is?

    While you do not need your spouse's signature to get a divorce, the court requires you to give your spouse notice of the divorce filing. If you do not know the location of your spouse, you will need to serve them by publication. This meant that you will need to put ad in the local newspaper, of your spouse's last known location, giving notice of the divorce. The publication needs to run once a week for 4 consecutive weeks.

  • Do I have to go to the court to get the Divorce in Double Spgs Alabama?

    In most cases you will only need to go to court to file the initial forms with the court. You may need to appear for the Judge to sign off on the Final Decree as well. If you and your spouse agree to the terms of the divorce, there will not need to be a trial.

  • How is child support and custody settled in an Double Spgs Alabama divorce?

    The court will always do what is in the best interest of the child. Alabama Code § 30-3-150 sets out the State of Alabama's stated policy that joint custody is preferred. It is best that the parent frequent and continuing contact with the children. However, in some cases joint custody is not possible. The court will usually accept the terms that you and your spouse have agreed to as long as the interests of the child are protected.
    Child support is determined based on a state guideline amount. Any amounts paid for child care and health care are taken into consideration when calculating the amount for child support.

  • How are property, assets, and debts divided in an Double Spgs Alabama divorce?

    Alabama is an equitable distribution state. This means that in a divorce, the court will divide the assets in a fair and equitable manner. Equitable does not necessarily mean 50/50. There are several factors considered which includes:

    1. The length of the marriage.
    2. Each spouse's monetary and non-monetary contributions during the marriage.
    3. Each spouse's ability to earn a living after divorce
    4. Whether either spouse committed adultery or abuse during the marriage.
    5. Each spouse's expected share of childcare responsibilities after the divorce.

    Most assets acquired during the marriage will be considered marital property and subject to division with the exception of gifts or inheritance.
  • How do I serve my spouse with divorce papers in Double Spgs Alabama?

    If your spouse is willing to sign an "Acceptance and Waiver of Service" acknowledging that he/she has received the papers, you may hand the papers to your spouse or send them by regular mail. Don't forget to include the Acceptance of Waiver of Service form and have your spouse sign. Otherwise, you will need to serve your spouse with the initial divorce papers in a different manner. You may
    (1) send the forms by first class mail, with acknowledgement,
    (2) send a copy by certified mail, return receipt requested,
    (3) hire a sheriff, constable, or private process server to serve your spouse with divorce papers.